How to Take Part
- Starting from 11 April 2022 and ending on 8 May 2022 participants who register for the International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS) congress, which will be held simultaneously in person in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, as well as online between 20-22 July 2022, will be able to take part in the TogetherAtIUMS
- The contest is open to all who register and pay in full to attend IUMS 2022 in person during the contest period.
- To join the contest, the participant must follow the IUMS Twitter account (@IUMSmicrobio) and retweet the “pinned” post.
- Participants must have a public Twitter account to enter the contest.
- Each week, during the contest period, 5 winners will be drawn at random. Each winner will receive one free in-person registration to the congress.
- Winners can share the award with a friend/colleague who will be able to attend IUMS2022 in person for free.
- In case the winner cancels their paid registration, their free registration prize will also be cancelled.
- All winners will be announced on 9 May 2022 on the IUMS Twitter account (@IUMSmicrobio) and will be contacted by a congress representative to provide the details of the person they wish to register for free.
Rules updated: 18 April 2022
"TogetherAtIUMS" Contest Ends in
- As the participant in the IUMS contest, you warrant and represent that you are the sole owner or have the rights of all the information and content (“Content”) provided to the International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS) and KENES Group (Hereafter: “The Organisers”). The publication/retweeting of the post does not infringe any third-party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- As the participant in the IUMS contest, you grant the Organisers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to display the retweeted post at the International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS) and share the retweeted post on the event channels by quoting the name of the author.
- By entering the Contest, all participants agree, if necessary, to have their name and/or picture used for promotional purposes free of charge.
- By entering the contest, you attest to your eligibility as outlined in the contest rules and release the International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS) and KENES Group, as well as their respective directors, officers, and employees, from all liability for any damage or loss arising from participation in this contest or from the awarding, acceptance, or use of the prize.
- The prize shall be accepted as is and may not be exchanged for an amount of money.
- Refusal to accept the prize releases IUMS and KENES Group, as well as their respective directors, officers, and employees, of any liability and obligation toward the winner.
- By entering this contest, all participants agree to abide by the rules of the contest as stated above, including any amendment applied by IUMS and KENES Group.
- The winners will be announced after the end of each week (four weeks total) – respectively on 18, 25, 2 April, and 8 May 2022. The winners will be announced via social media and contacted via email.