The goal of IUMS is to foster growth, enhance learning, and provide a platform for the IUMS community to get together and present the latest developments in microbiology as well as connect with fellow researchers and share information. However, it appears that due to Corona, the political situation in many countries and the steeply increasing costs of travel, many scientists are not able to travel, get a visa or pay the cost. Therefore, we decided to transform the upcoming IUMS Congress into a fully online event. IUMS 2022 will bring together scientists from all over the world and you will expand your network of colleagues and meet the experts in Microbiology.
IUMS 2022 – the Online Edition will take place on the same dates, 20-22 July 2022.
We have learned in the past two years that although the personal interactions are missing, the online congresses still provide the latest information in the field and present the cutting-edge discoveries. IUMS 2022 – the Online Edition will allow all our participants to do all the below and more – comfortably, from their home or workplace:
- Learn the latest news in the Microbiology field
- Attend sessions live, ask questions, and participate in discussions with the well-known experts
- Gain exposure to their important new research
- Browse through all accepted posters by colleagues from around the world
- Interact with invited speakers, abstract presenters and meet interesting new people online
- Catch up on sessions on-demand with improved functionality
The scientific content from the congress will be available online, so you will be able to come back and enjoy the IUMS 2022 experience again for 3 months after the congress dates.
Please see below the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the IUMS Online Edition.
The IUMS Board has decided to take IUMS 2022 fully online. All speakers and presentations, interactive poster displays and exhibitors will be held entirely online.
IUMS 2022 – the Online Edition will be taking place as originally planned between 20-22 July 2022 with live-streamed sessions according to the program schedule.
The content will be available on-demand for a period following the congress dates, for all registered participants. More information on how long the content will be available after the congress dates and how to access it will be published soon.
To attend IUMS 2022 – the Online Edition, you need a good internet connection, your device or computer, and a valid registration. You will receive login details a few days prior to the event start.
Yes, you are automatically registered for IUMS 2022 – the Online Edition. As a registered delegate who has paid the full rate, we will refund the difference to the same payment method initially charged. If you wish to cancel your registration you will receive a full refund. Please consult the cancellation policy outlined on the registration page for the most up to date information.
No, Abstract Submission is already closed.
IUMS 2022 – the Online Edition will offer you a full virtual experience and the opportunity to take part in every aspect of the program, including the chance to:
- Access all presentations and session recordings. Create your own schedule to attend any and all of the sessions whenever and wherever you choose.
- Network with colleagues. Browse the list of participants and click on their name to contact them.
- Access all the E-Posters. Browse research on the hottest topics published in the congress digital abstract book and connect with the abstract authors and other colleagues from around the world through the e-poster virtual consultations.
- Join the debate. During a live-streamed sessions, participate in live conversations with delegates from all over the world.
- Visit the virtual exhibition hall. Journey through the exhibition booths, explore the displayed materials, contact exhibitors directly, and chat with other visitors.
If you would like to cancel your registration to IUMS 2022 – the Online Edition, you are able to receive a refund. Please consult the cancellation policy outlined on the registration page for the most up to date information. Please click here.
Program and Sessions
We are doing our best to ensure that IUMS 2022 – the Online Edition will incorporate as much of the well-known physical Congress experience and atmosphere as possible. All delegates will be contacted with timely updates on program scheduling in due course.
No, the slides from the session presentations cannot be downloaded, but you will be able to watch the session with the slides presented for 3 months for unlimited viewing.
We will contact you directly regarding your participation in the program.
All sessions will be fully live. We are doing everything to ensure the highest possible quality of the virtual congress by maintaining the energy of live sessions and live interactions.
Speakers are encouraged to add email/social media information to their slides in order to enable participants to reach out with questions and comments.
All notifications from the regular and late-breaking submission were sent on May 27.
All accepted presenting authors will be contacted additionally with further information for the program schedule and instructions on how to prepare their Oral Presentation and/or E-Poster.
Yes, there will be a virtual exhibition area.
We will contact you directly regarding your participation.
There is no registration for exhibition only, all exhibitors and participants may access the full virtual congress.