Applications were accepted by April 19, 2022. Notifications to the submitters will be sent via email in the last week of May.
IUMS provides an ideal forum for early career professionals to further their professional knowledge and share their research with global experts in the microbiology field as well as meet with peers from other countries.
As part of a shared goal to foster learning and development of early career microbiologists, the Royal Netherlands Society for Microbiology (KNVM) and the Dutch Society for Microscopy (NNVM) are delighted to offer travel and participation grants to eligible professionals.
- Applicant must be a PhD student and a member of a microbiological society which is a member of IUMS.
- Reside in a low or middle income country (according to the IAMCR’s country classification list).
- The applicant must have an accepted abstract in the program and registered to the Congress.
- Application must be made by submitting an abstract via the abstract system by April 19, 2022.
- The IUMS grant application is open for participants attending either in-person in Rotterdam or online.
Application Documents Required:
– PDF receipt for membership registration
– Scanned copy of a passport/ID front page
Grant awardees will receive:
– Refund on the paid congress registration.
– Reimbursement of up to 1,200 Euro towards travel and accommodation costs.
* Accommodation reimbursement will be provided only when booking on the official congress website page.
– Refund on the registration costs.
*Only the first author or presenter will be awarded and the grant cannot be exchanged for cash. It will be paid via a bank transfer post conference upon submission of the relevant receipts.
For questions, please use the Contact Us form.